<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
HK Assault Special 2 - GR1 Mod featuring SWORDS robots
Go to page   <<      
Moderators: Woody2000, thales100
Author Post
pointillist
Wed Aug 27 2008, 06:28pm
Registered Member #977
Oh thanks.........but I WAS able to make the aliens vehicles and program them in missions (though they still Fired serially) and Also had alien heros....Love the dea mod, Great work, incorporating the game advances, but i'm getting weird "couldn't read faces with nonfactor of two" messages...in my ike file......is that just my machine though?

And how do I move the machines in a mission? I have to provide route coordinates and have the operators follow the machines? It's hard to imagine a commander sending in a six man team to defend a gun that isn't aimable and has no camera....heh heh heh. Slap one of those
guidestar things into it at least so it's as smart as a car.

I tried using it as a tank...it makes the ground shake when it goes by, right.......actually i suspect the answer to this is in the animation files of the original data.....i was able to have two heros with individual
weapons Fly around in tandem by giving them an invisible (sic)
helicopter....but they flew in a "chair" position, and it looked stupid as hell. Still....they flew over the embassy and shot all the snipers....
are these snipers programmed to not look up? That's why you
don't want a totally stiff-necked army.
pointillist
Wed Aug 27 2008, 06:37pm
Registered Member #977

oh and i wrote to the guy making the "Unity" engine...
writing the engine is pretty sequential...but it shouldn't
be impenetrable......in concept. I was trying to find
how the enviroments are determined...that's what
the unity engine guy is bragging about..."real"
time changes inside the missions.

And Wow!......
those new 40mm flashes are ossum!
thales100
Thu Aug 28 2008, 08:37pm

Registered Member #966
pointillist wrote ...

Oh thanks.........but I WAS able to make the aliens vehicles and program them in missions (though they still Fired serially) and Also had alien heros....Love the dea mod, Great work, incorporating the game advances, but i'm getting weird "couldn't read faces with nonfactor of two" messages...in my ike file......is that just my machine though?

And how do I move the machines in a mission? I have to provide route coordinates and have the operators follow the machines? It's hard to imagine a commander sending in a six man team to defend a gun that isn't aimable and has no camera....heh heh heh. Slap one of those
guidestar things into it at least so it's as smart as a car.

I tried using it as a tank...it makes the ground shake when it goes by, right.......actually i suspect the answer to this is in the animation files of the original data.....i was able to have two heros with individual
weapons Fly around in tandem by giving them an invisible (sic)
helicopter....but they flew in a "chair" position, and it looked stupid as hell. Still....they flew over the embassy and shot all the snipers....
are these snipers programmed to not look up? That's why you
don't want a totally stiff-necked army.

Hehehe cool post Pointillist, thanks. Let me see :

1- Yeah snipers generally speaking wont look up, but sometimes they may look and shoot, hardcoded stuff.

2- Ike file error message isnt a problem at all since you dont have any weird face in game - you will get some sound problem messages too, this is due to the game engine, when you add an object as a vehicle, but it hasnt a particular sound. No problem at all.

3- You must use a plan and a path to make the SWORDS move. You can add triggers to make it move just when something happens, so you can add a bit of interaction with the machines. Thats what can be done.
pointillist
Wed Sep 17 2008, 12:25am
Registered Member #977
oh yeah...i did a path but forgot the plan and trigger.....
is there a reason missions w/tanks can't have swords instead?
thales100
Thu Sep 18 2008, 02:18pm

Registered Member #966
SWORDS and tanks share the same sounds (stopped and moving, like the nhec-nhec ), and dust texture file (when moving, out of the tracks), but you can use both in a mission, no big problems.
pointillist
Wed Sep 24 2008, 07:34pm
Registered Member #977
....ummm...but can I take an old mission
that has tanks and change the vehicles to swords?
I mean I realize That's not working......is it because
there needs to be "operator teams" accompanying
the swords?

(there's several missions where tanks show up in the
city where swords would be excellent actors).
thales100
Wed Sep 24 2008, 07:47pm

Registered Member #966
You can replace a BMP for a SWORDS in a pre existing mission, since they are both Type 3 vehicles - a normal tank like a T72 or T80 is a type 2. No need for "Operator teams" near it to make it fire or move.
You can also add a SWORDS to any of the old missions, add a path and a trigger to make it move just when you reach some point, or kill some enemy i.e. - check the Embassy mission , its really easy ok.
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF